photo home_zpsd700a221.png photo about_zpsba367de8.png photo believe_zps1bc0cf51.png photo shop_zps2673798a.png photo music_zps9fde31e5.png

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Because I'm Worth It

there is nothing greater than the gift of a friend. i have made so many friends in Alberta and its finally hitting me that i wont see any of them for nearly a year. i am going to miss them terribly.
a close girl friend of mine wrote me a letter expressing how much influence i had on her and how much she appreciated my strength. i had no idea how much i helped her by just throwing out a laugh here and there. she had gone through so much while we got to know each other, and just my being her friend pulled her through it. i am so grateful for the friends i have. i am blessed to be unable to count my very close friends on both hands. some have only a few, but i have so many, and the number is only growing as i get older and meet new people.
i am so grateful for the gospel in my life because i know for a fact that i would not have near as many good friends as i do had i grown up without it in my life. i am a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints and there is nothing that can make me deny the power of having it in my life.
today in relief society our lesson was on adversity and trials and how there is nothing that comes our way that we cant handle. looking into my past i am amazed at what i have been through. there is no way i would have predicted the immense trials i have gone through thus far, but it is amazing to know that my heavenly father has blessed me with so much power and strength that i have come to the other side a better person than before. i can truly say that i am grateful for my trials. if i was given the opportunity to go back and change even one thing in my life i wouldn't. i know that the way things have gone has been the best possible way for me to go through my life. i have faith that my heavenly father knows me enough to know what i need the most. and yes sometimes i think to myself "why the heck me??" then sometimes i remember "because im worth it". I am worth the extra effort it takes to become a truly special person, with an immensely great purpose and with that in mind, nothing can bring me down (but let me tell you it is hard to keep in mind.. haha). I am faced with these trials and tribulations because He knows i can do it. He is the best friend anybody could ask for, and he will never leave my side. i love him dearly. i hope your Sunday went well everybody :) later days

No comments:

Post a Comment