photo home_zpsd700a221.png photo about_zpsba367de8.png photo believe_zps1bc0cf51.png photo shop_zps2673798a.png photo music_zps9fde31e5.png

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Next Chapter

Hello my friends, family and followers. Today i am going to share with you some of the bare bones of my life as of yet and in the near future.
So. last summer when i came home from my trip to toronto my mother sat me down and we had a huge heart to heart. i love my momma <3 she has always been there to help me. in this particular instance she gave me encouragement and direction into my future. she told me that the next chapter in my life was practically around the corner and that it was high time i really start getting ready for it. (namely an end to the single adult chapter of my life)
it wasn't until that day that i really realized how great it is to be single! i'm not saying it sucks to be in a relationship, but to be single is something so many of my friends (girls especially) take for granted!! don't spend your life chasing something, on the false pretense that once you've caught it everything will be fine and dandy. if you're not happy single, you're not going to be any happier in a relationship.
and i know you single ladies out there who are patiently waiting for your husbands to come along, have probably heard that nagging phrase far too many times. but just take a moment to think about it. what is a relationship to you and why is it so important that you are in one? there was a point in my life where i looked at a boyfriend as someone to answer and carry out my every whim. hmmm.... does that sound fair?? now i'm not saying that i never did anything in return for them, but i was looking at it all wrong.
I've turned my goggles around and now instead of looking at it from a "Me" perspective, i look at it from a "You" perspective. what can i do to make your life easier and your burden lighter. what can i do to put a smile on your face. and you know what, it helped. and this isn't only to be applied in romantic relationships, but also in our friendships and daily encounters.
so. back to the heart to heart with my mom. she sort of gave me a series of tasks, if you will, to prepare myself for whoever might come my way.these being: 1) become a woman of virtue. 2) find more opportunities to serve. there were a few others but i wanna focus on these for now.

become a woman of virtue.
in all things. action, thought, dress. when i decided being virtuous and modest was important, something changed. i look at myself more positively now, and i find myself grinning for no reason. black marks on my past are starting to really fade, and the future has never looked brighter. I walk with my head held high because i know who i am and where i came from. I know that I'm important and loved

find more opportunities to serve.
remember that post about alvin?? well i had been sort of conciously looking since then but that was my first real service. it completely made my day. i was smiling ear to ear, and nothing could take me down. i look forward to more opportunities to really serve those around me! maybe not in ways as big as that, but still!! making someone's day regardless of how small or large the act can be one of the greatest things you do for your self confidence and general happiness!

my testimony of service and virtue has grown exponentially since y mother's call for direction. i know that she was truly inspired to guide me!! :)

until pretty recently i have still been struggling with the smaller commandments such as reading my scriptures and praying daily. i mean everyone does, but since i have been really trying to be the best i can and draw closer to the savior, i came up with a solution. reading the scriptures before bed wasn't working, and listening to them just put me to sleep. so i decided to listen to conference talks while i wash my face and brush my teeth and get ready for bed. it's making a big difference in my attitude! i want to get a decent way through the book of mormon before christmas, (i would say finish it but i dont want to rush myself and miss inspired doctrine!!) to more fully prepare myself for the next chapter in my life!!

so I've decided to document my journey to a better me :) i want to hopefully find something inspiring every day. now i'm not making any promises but i will try my best!! i want to be able to remember this time in my life. its exciting!! im looking forward to learning and growing and whatever is in store for me :)


before i go here's a little quote i found 
that really kicked me in the keester today :)



so if you wanna join with me, stay tuned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment