photo home_zpsd700a221.png photo about_zpsba367de8.png photo believe_zps1bc0cf51.png photo shop_zps2673798a.png photo music_zps9fde31e5.png

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Alice

so a while back i was asked to be part of a photo shoot that my friend wanted to do just for fun as a part of her 2012 portfolio. from the two photos below you can see that it was an alice in wonderland themed shoot, and i was casted as alice :) i cant say how much i loooove what she came out with. they're not done so this is just a sneak peek, but i am soooo excited to see the rest. it was a blast and i would love to do something like it again :) enjoy the sneak peek!





in other news work is going fantastic. i am still considered the new girl which is kinda annoying but cool at the same time cuz people go out of their way to help :) and it is really making a big difference. 
so yesterday i was scheduled to work what is known as go backs. and for those of you who work in retail you can understand how it can be somewhat of a daunting task for a newbie. especially when she's closing... on a saturday.... haha. so either way. there is some great news behind it. i was scheduled to do go backs which for those of you who don't know is sorting all of the clothes you guys as customers try on and don't want into categories and put them back onto the shelves. in the right spot... haha. so everyone hates go backs on a busy day, even the 'professionals' hahaha. i was even asked at the beginning of the shift if i was comfortable with being on go backs or if i wanted to be switched to work in a different section of the store. i replied with a no i am alright so long as someone else is working with me. and i am so glad i did. of course i was a little scared that i wouldn't be able to accomplish what task i had been given, but i figured, if i never challenge myself here, i will never learn, and i will never grow. and my mother reminded me today that one of my main reasons for moving back east was to grow as an individual. k pause 
****
 HUUUUGE  shout out to my momma on this glorious celebratory day. i could not have asked for a better mother. i can honestly say that she has saved my life more than once. had she not tied me down and kept me put all those years i was so bitter i would not be the woman i am today. and looking back on my childhood i can not thank her enough. i truly believe that she was divinely chosen to raise me ans my brothers and sister. regardless of the mistakes she has made. nobody is perfect, and in fact if she had been perfect, it would be a heck of a lot to live up to. and that would just be discouraging in the end. my mom is my very best friend. whether i admit it openly or not i love her more than words can express. she is my inspiration and my rock. so happy mothers day to my mom, and all you other moms out there :)
****
alrighty so go backs. as the day went on i got better at doing go backs, being given pointers by others and using my visual memory and learning style to improve. by the time it came to close the store i was exhausted, i reaked of sweaty armpits, and my feet hurt. but then my manager took the time to point out my amazing efforts in the closing meeting and i could not have been happier. i was blushing so bad i gotta say... haha thank goodness for makeup y'all!!!
so i guess my purpose behind this post is to remind all of you readers that anything is possible if you just put your mind to it and have fun!!! you only live once, why waste a second dwelling on something negative when there is so much to be glad about!! smile!
so i hope you all had a fantastic week and are ready to start a new with even more spunk and sass in your step :) laterrrr

2 comments:

  1. Maddie - your eyes are stunning! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kristen! :) i cant either! hah i actually asked her to email them to me :) so hopefully i can post more for ya

    ReplyDelete